Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Learning How to Write a Book

Hi,
If anyone is reading this, they may want to learn how to write a book too. As you can see, I am learning how to write a book by putting my book writing into a blog. In fact, I got started with this whole process by attending a workshop. Robyn Henderson teaches people How to Write a Book. Actually, what I learnt from the day was more along the lines of How to Publish a Book. I know a bit about writing from my work experience, and so needed to know how to publish.

The idea of blogging my way to a book was my own when I started to stall in writing the book. I had made good progress with choosing the content for the back page, and good progress in creating what my school English teachers called an "Essay Plan". However, I was stalled at that point and needed a burst of energy. But I digress...

Robyn Henderson is a publisher and a public speaker. She writes herself and speaks frequently on the topic of networking. She has 'fallen into' teaching people how to write and publish books, and she is very good at it. So this is going the long way around at providing an unprompted promotion of the workshops Robyn runs. For details of the workshops, please go to her website at www.seachangepublishing.com.au and go to the Seminars and Workshops link. If you can get enough people together, you should contact her about doing a special workshop for you and your friends/colleagues.

Good luck with your writing!

...Geoff

2 comments:

Andrew Bannah said...

Hi Geoff,
Thanks for the information it just so happens that I was considering a similar idea to yours. One of my intentions for my rather multipurpose blog was to start constructing a series of tutorials and discussions on using software products that I could eventually collate into an instruction manual, teach your self style book. The blog has taken a few different directions just looking to grab an idea of the audience out there as it was always to be a general interest blog, but stumbling on your writings has given me a bit of a kick along and I would like to say thankyou.

Andrew Bannah
Blog Weekly

Geoff said...

My pleasure Andrew. This is purely experimental, and if all that comes out of it is other opportunities it will not have failed.
...Geoff