Saturday, October 13, 2007

An Explanation

Hi,
I have been planning to write a book called "How to Manage Small Projects", with a catchy but as yet not invented phrase to follow the title. The book has been in me for about a decade now.

I went to a workshop on how to write a book in the middle of this year ('07), which was actually about how to publish a book - which was lucky as I know a fair bit about writing, but little about publishing. Full of vim and vigour I finished* a plan for the book in no time at all (Aug 07) - mostly on my PDA while sitting at the school waiting for the bell to release my kids - I correctly figured that the limitations of the teeny-tiny keyboard would keep my plan short and to the point.

Now that the plan has sat for about two months, it is time to push on. This blog is my method of stringing out the whole process a bit further, as I am a bit scared of the self-publishing process. Also, as I have been trying to convince my Dad to blog, this is a good opportunity to lead by example.

Yours, ...Geoff

PS. I am keeping the plan a secret for now, but see CONTENT: The Back Page for some hints.

* For 'finished', read 'decided I'd identified enough topics to fill a book'.

No comments: